God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Sponsor!

Got a sponsor tonight!  Woohoo!  Finally bit the bullet and asked another woman at my home group.  There really aren't more than a few regular women there, so I don't know what took me so long.  For some reason it was just very difficult for me.  ANd finally this week, I was just like, why am I making this so difficult?  The main thing is that I have someone that I can call, and that I keep working the steps.  And I know I need to do 8 and 9 with a sponsor, so anyway - I got off my butt and did it.  I will refer to her here as "M-."  She was very sweet about it, and has been very sweet to me since I started, but she has no kids and works days, but in the end none of that really matters when it comes to working the program, so - here we are!

We will be setting up a meeting to get started, I expect sometime in the coming week or so...

1 comment: